The Queensland Government has announced support for individuals and businesses impacted by the South East Queensland lockdown that commenced on 31 July 2021.
2021 COVID-19 Queensland Business Support Grant
For employing small and medium businesses across Queensland impacted by the lockdown, a grant of $5,000 is available.
To be eligible the business must:
- have a turnover of more than $75,000 per annum
- have an annual payroll in Queensland of less than $10m
- have experienced a 30% or more reduction in turnover as a result of the lockdown
For large businesses in the hospitality and tourism sectors operating in the 11 Local Government areas, the lockdown grants will also be available. To qualify, the business must have a turnover of more than $10m and have experienced a 30% or more fall in turnover.
Further information will be released in the coming days and online applications will open in mid-August.
COVID-19 Disaster Payments
The Federal Government declared 11 Local Government areas as hotspots which will ensure that financial assistance is available to individuals who live or work in those areas. The details for Queensland have not yet been published but the conditions should follow those of the other States which means that payment should be available regardless of the period of lockdown.
To qualify for a Disaster Payment, an individual must:
- be 17 years or older
- be an Australian resident or a holder of a visa class permitted to work in Australia
- Not receiving income support payment, ABSTUDY Living Allowance, Dad and Partner Pay or Parental Leave Pay
- Not receiving a state or territory pandemic payment, Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment or state small business payment for the same period
- Live in, work from or have visited a Commonwealth-declared COVID-19 hotspot
- Lost income due to a lockdown
- Do not have access to appropriate paid leave entitlements through their employer
We will keep you updated once further information becomes available. Meanwhile if you have any queries please speak to your Prosperity contact.